Why Eco friendly?
The material used in Longpi is made from a mixture of Black Serpentinite stone and weathered rock. This is mixed in a three to one ratio. Serpentinite rock provides the necessary strength and weathered rock acts as the binding agent. Unlike most pottery, Longpi does not resort to the potter's wheel. All shaping is done with the hand and with the help of molds.
These products are then polished with local leaves called pasaniapachiphylla (‘Chiro Na’ in local lingo) that provide the luster to its surface. It’s unique in style & technique.
Apart from the folklore advocating tastier and nutritious food cooked in Manipur pottery, it also has many environmental advantages:
1. It doesn’t have any adverse health or environmental effects because raw materials used in the pottery are completely natural and chemicals free
2. Black color is naturally obtained, no paints or chemical are used for the same.
3. The Product is handcrafted and does not make use of energy-hungry machines. Moreover, it leads to creation of employment and enterprises in rural India as the entire process is handcrafted.
4. The products after use are bio-degradable.
5. It’s non-toxic, inert and non-reactive.
Enjoy you evening with this unique Set of Cool & Classic Beer Mugs. Handcrafted with a mixture of black Serpentinite stone, clay and weathered rock.
Use these mugs to drink your favourite milk shakes, cold coffee or those awesome homemade floats!
Also known as Manipur Pottery, Black Pottery or Longpi, they are believed to make the drink taste better and are revered for medicinal values. It’s widely acclaimed by the locals that using these potteries prevent morning sickness for pregnant women.
Some interesting facts about Longpi pottery are:
- Contents of the beer mugs continue to stay chilled for a long time, ensuring that the content continues to remain cold. This is because of the stone content in the material used.
- It’s non-toxic, inert and non-reactive.
- Black color is naturally obtained during the manufacturing process, no paints or chemical are used for the same.
- As these products are handcrafted, each product is unique. No two products will be the same. Actual product may vary from the picture displayed.
- Manipur Pottery / Black Pottery products with cane work/decorations are not microwaveable.
Product Dimension: Height - 5.375 inches
Product Weight (Kg)
It is fragile. Wash it gently with mild detergent.
Raw Material Used
Impact of Product Use
No Environmental Impact
Disposing A Product
1 x Cool & Classic Beer Mug - Black Stone & Clay (Set Of 2)
Delivery - Free ?
Height - 5.375 inches
Add a Review